A grievance is a complaint by a student suggesting that he/she has been treated unfairly according to the policies/procedures of the College. The unfair treatment may be real or imagined, but it is important to good morale that the student handles his/her complaint without fear of reprisal.

The aggrieved student should submit a request in writing through the link provided for a formal student grievance hearing.

A formal grievance is distinguished from an informal grievance in the following manner:

  1. The grievance must be in writing and must be dated and signed by the student making the grievance.
  2. The grievance must clearly identify the department(s) and issue(s) involved.
  3. The grievance must indicate that the student has attempted to resolve the issue with the involved staff member prior to the date of the grievance. The grievance may be dismissed until the student makes an attempt to resolve the issue.

Access the Grievance Petition Form here: 

Principles for Handling Grievances

1. The complaint should be settled at the lowest level of relationship possible.

2. If the complaint cannot be settled between the authority and the student, the student should utilize the chain of command until an appropriate and sufficient response is received. (staff member; staff member's supervisor; department head; appropriate Vice President; then President)

If a student does not find relief at the college level, he may contact the Transnational Association of Christian Colleges & Schools, 15935 Forest Road, Forest, VA 24551. (434) 525-9539.


Commission for Independent Education (CIE)
Florida Department of Education
325 West Gaines Street, Suite 1414
Tallahassee, FL 32399

Or E-mail:
Or Fax: 850-245-3238

Out of state distance education students, who have completed the internal institutional grievance process and the applicable state grievance process, may appeal non-instructional complaints to the FL-SARA PREDEC council. For additional information on the complaint process, please visit the FL-SARA complaint process page (

The Vice President of Student Affairs' office is responsible for maintaining all records on student complaints.

Trinity Baptist College

800 Hammond Blvd, Jacksonville, FL 32221
  • (904) 596-2451

Campus Map


Trinity Baptist College has been approved to participate in the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements

Scroll to Top